I am 24 years old and live in Rochester New York, working my way through graduate school as a TA and software developer intern. My program of study is a MS in Game Design and Development. I have worked for HP on cloud software for managing fleets of printers for all size businesses since 2014. I graduated from Washington State University in 2014 with a degree in Math and a minor in Computer Science. While in school as an undergraduate I was both a TA and had an internship with Schweitzer Engineering Labs, a electrical engineering company that supports most of the technology around power grid systems. They used an old database from the 1990’s and owned most of the source code for it. My job was database management with software development in a very old C like language.
My current project at work is a Windows web application written in C# that is used to manage large printer fleets for clients. We use a number of technologies for the different services, such as AngularJS for our front end web application, RabbitMQ for sharing messages between the different amazon nodes and services, and Mongo DB and oracle for saving the different information in the system. I work on all parts of the system as a full stack developer.
Outside of school and work most of my time goes towards Beetle Fight Ganbatte! We are looking at expanding a lot of the matchmaking capabilities before a full launch in the coming months.
Some Random Facts
- The first game I ever remember playing was Mario 64 on Nintendo 64. The first game I ever saw beaten was Zelda: Ocarina of Time by my dad.
- Sports that I have played on at least one team: Soccer, Basketball, Flag Football, Ultimate, Dodge-ball, Softball, and Track.
- Outdoor Activities I have tried: Backpacking, Hiking, Rock climbing, Bouldering, Disk Golf, Regular Golf, Snowboarding, and Skiing.
- My first job was working as a soccer referee when I was 15. I continued to ref until I was 19 culminating to a summer where I traveled the entire state for tournaments and made over $4000 in 2.5 months.
- My favorite band is Led Zeppelin. I have seven of their albums including Zeppelin 1-4 and Houses of the Holy. If they ever announce they are going to tour again I am prepared to fly anywhere in the world to see them.
- I have been to seven different countries: USA, Canada, UK, Germany, France, Finland, and Sweden. I have been to 21 different states in the USA.
- The single best place in the world I have been was the private beach owned by the professor hosting me while I studied abroad in Finland. He had a small fishing hut on an island near Oulu that had a private beach on one side. Everything about that spot was incredible.