Appeasing Mangicalla is a small single-player rogue-like that runs in a Windows Console application. Your objective is to travel through the single level of the dungeon and clean out all the monsters. This was a school project that focused on looking at A* pathfinding, simple field of view, and creating a game from scratch with no graphics pipeline.
Development Team Size: 2
Development Time: 3 weeks
Development Role: Gameplay Programmer, Lead Design
Key Features Delivered:
- Architecture and Structure for Project- Basic game loop, update cycle for player state, and draw pipeline.
- Level Design- Ability to read levels from a file.
- Player Movement and Actions.
- Enemy Movement and Actions.
- Player Field of View
Additional Resource Links:
- Code Repository
- Download the full game, it includes a README.txt for how to play. WARNING: This game was compiled using Windows specific C features and runs with a .exe executable. It is untested and unlikely to work with Unix or Mac OS.
- Additional Gameplay Programming – Akshay Rachapudi. Major contribution with A* pathfinding and linking to player field of view.